Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here we are again...

...the night before my birthday.  Forty-three is knocking on the door and I can't wait.  Of course last year will be a hard act to follow... a beautiful wedding, a new job, and after copious amounts of turmeric and prayers, my family is pretty much cancer free...   That's a good year.  Look it up.

But what about this coming year?  All I can say is that from where I'm sitting, life is pretty incredible and I'm a lucky man.

But forty-three...???  I'm finally developing my credo for life... and like life it will be a work in progress. It will gradually be presented over the course of this year... and to get it down in cyber-ink, I'm going to post to this blog everyday... starting today.  For at least a year.  Now this is no Julia and Julia thing... this is just me writing everyday.  For me.  And for you... the reader... whoever you are.  I'll be posting some thoughts of food and health.... recipes... nutritional thoughts and ideas... I'll tell some stories when appropriate, and more than likely when not appropriate too.  Who knows, but I hope it will be entertaining and maybe even useful on occassion.

So here's a start for the big 4-3...

-a moleskine notebook, a box of Blackwing Palomino pencils, and a little imagination will beat an iPad anyday.
-a glass of red wine everyday is good for you.  I'm going to try to do that everyday too.
-Parmigiano-reggiano, the real stuff, is worth every dime they charge for it.
-Le Creuset is worth every dime you pay for it too... ESPECIALLY if your brother paid all those dimes last year for your birthday.  Thanks Ben.  Still using it.  Still loving it!
-Dogs, no matter how wonderful they are, don't live forever.  Love them everyday.  The same goes for people.
-Jingle Jammies from Old Navy just might be dollar for dollar the most Christmas Joy you can fit under the tree.  At least they might be for Cami.
-My mom rocks.  When she found out that Cami's Christmas stocking was from CVS, she made a new one for her that matches the one she made for me 43 years ago.  Like I said, she rocks.
-Cooking your own food is cheaper and better for you.
-two glasses of red wine a day sometimes is a good thing too.
-I'm the luckiest man-man-man-on the face-face-face-of the earth-earth-earth.
-Dom Perignon and Doritos Pizza from Pat's compliment each other perfectly.

Enough.  40 minutes to go.

It's gonna be a terrific year...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment