That most definitely is my style of blogging. As most of us do in most of our endeavors, sometimes our dedication fades as other things take precedence in our busy lives. Such is the case with this blog that I started several years ago. It came about at a time when I was in many ways finding myself. my path. or whatever the hell IT is. It was, and still is, an outlet for creativity and thought, humor and perspective... it still is my blog albeit a long neglected one.
Life has certainly moved along while I was busy ignoring this site. I finished a masters degree, found a new career, and most brilliantly became a father. Talk about perspective. Needless to say it has been wonderful and busy. But all of these things have contributed to my evolution as a person, husband, father, son, brother, colleague, creative, and over-all a free spirit. I have found time to write in my preferred "blog-voice" as at first an intern, and now a professional career counselor. It is what happens when engaged supervisors and management recognize that rare combination of talent, skills, and passion, and simply say "Here is the ball. Now run with it." Now that is my style of management.
It has allowed me to create several blogs for the career center at the University of Maine. I will repost a few of them here, for your enjoyment. And I will still find time to create original posts for this website. As this progresses, I hope this is fun and perhaps even a little insightful.
Thanks for sticking around....
~Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment